Monday, October 29, 2018

Creative Adventurers...


Dear Creative Adventurers,

I have been pondering how to write real on this blog since I began publishing five years ago. There were to many I’s and me’s. I would like to document my art for your interest. I have been exploring how to feed the creative well for a very long time. So I think while I am documenting my art I will also explore our creative processes. So come along with me while we find the edge of this mirage…called creativity.

I have been scared, terrified really, of writing this blog. Seems odd, yes? These are what the devils on my shoulder say… “Who you are today is not who you will be tomorrow.” “All those writing lessons and you can still write an incredible run on sentence.” As you might imagine this is just the start.

I have had some health scares this last year forcing me to slow down and consider the devils on my shoulder. To make a long story short I am shelving them. Tomorrow we may both be new people. Here the evolution will be documented. Yes on occasion I get excited and forget a good English sentence has only approximately 12 words. Please feel free to drop me a line when you find an extended word train. I will do my best to edit and catch most of them.

I started taking a course online for keeping me real about meditating. This is an exercise to help me de-stress, stay on track with eating well and sleep. One of the things required to document our process is write daily. Just something short observing how meditation has helped that day. I have found I can do this. So why not something quick for a blog as well?

So here I am. Writing on the process my art is taking and creative adventures. Please feel free to explore the edge of the creative mirage with me...

Sincerely,
Emily Frömel

No comments:

Post a Comment