Tuesday, October 30, 2018

How do you share your art around you?


Blog 30.10.2018

Dear Creative Adventurers,

Do you enjoy experiencing art with others? I do.

I went to a concert at my daughter’s new lovely school. She performed on the xylophone. This school puts special value on performing so they made sure all the children who were in her class performed. Early intervention on stage fright, I think. I was part of a small parental audience. Behind me sat another American family. Their four year old was having trouble sitting as four year olds do. I handed her my purse sketchbook and one of my fairly child proof fountain pens. Her mother admonished her to ONLY use one page. I turned around and said please as many as you can fill. She spent the next fifteen minutes very busy. Fortunately she kept her marks to the paper, always a bit of a worry with our smaller population.

 


Yesterday, while sitting in a cafĂ© waiting for my winter tires to be put on at the dealership I pulled out my sketchbook. From the child’s shapes I made my own lines and characters. This was a very enjoyable hour. Now maybe at the next concert I can pass back the sketch book and she can add to my marks… This is a game I started to play when I was in the University and required to carry around a sketch book. Sometimes it’s so much more fun to be inspired by others…




No comments:

Post a Comment