Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Epiphanies of the past week…



Dear Creative Adventurers,

This week I was listening to Antrese Wood podcast The Savvy Painter: Exploring the Language of Paining, with Maggie Siner. (November 15, 2018) Maggie Siner talked about every stroke of the brush expresses how the artist feels. So if you are bored your brush work expresses this. I have often wondered if hand writing might express people feelings. Never had I considered brush work, thus entire bodies of work expressing an artist’s feelings. Leading one to wonder if a picture a collector finds appealing is actually the energy the artist expressed not just with the images they show, but the brush strokes. A point to contemplate. Have you run across such materials? Books? Classes? Experiences with your own work? I am going to revisit this subject in later posts when I have found more information on this topic.

Sincerely,
Emily Froemel
www.edgeatmirage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment