Wednesday, November 14, 2018

In the Studio…


Dear Creative Adventurers,

Here is what is happening in the studio. I am enjoying putting washes down and seeing where the color goes. Then making shapes into objects. Some of them do not have enough color on them, like the water lilies. Some of them have too much paint on them the orange flower painting. I am trying to un-paint light places into them. There is every possibility I am trying to save a picture that may not work. I feel something with this one. The end result may mean a dead picture. I am counting whatever I learn from playing with the colors there is material for the following pictures.


My husband does not enjoy the flower experiment. He prefers the single objects that pop. Flowers are a challenge for me. I like to fill my brush and put lots of color on the paper. Flowers require a delicate process of more water than paint. Sometimes I hit the balance sometimes like the orange flowers I commit too quickly. This feels like a skill I need to master to go on to the next step… What is the next step? Therein lies the magic, I will know when I pass into the mist make a happy mistake and then I will be off on that adventure.

The most important part about this process is practicing so I can make those mistakes which teach me the next process. Some days I take two steps forwards, others three steps back. The part I have had to learn is getting over my perfectionism and embracing the mistakes. Can you relate? Please share…

Sincerely,
Emily Froemel
www.edgeatmirage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment