Monday, November 5, 2018

Studio Organization


Dear Creative Adventurers,

I live outside of Munich in a little house with my family of four. I have my own studio space for the first time here in this house. Well mostly I can call the space mine. My children tend to come in and out if they have projects. I was noticing my work was not flowing as fast as I hoped. I began observing my habits. As my space is mostly mine and on occasions others come through I had pictures stacked in safe out of the way places from falling water color glasses. I often could not find a picture that I had begun. Months later it would shift up in my pile or show up in my travel bag. This simply could not continue as such. So I headed down to the intrepid Swedish designer shop, IKEA. Picked up these short shelves designed to display pictures on the wall. I hung them high so I could see them, work on larger pieces underneath and they are for the most part out of harms way…

Emily Froemel
edgeatmirage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment