Monday, November 19, 2018

Weekend Pursuits…


Dear Creative Adventurers,

This weekend was really about unplugging. Napping and getting household stuff out of the way so we can have Thanksgiving next Saturday. I worked a bit on my latest kitchen towel. I have officially reached boredom with this project. I have five more centimeters that are just going to have to be finished one line at a time…



We have a huge tree in our garden. The poor thing has never had a prune. As my mother has a story of me making a Japanese maple a bonsai. I am a bit leery of trying out pruning. There is also the factor that I do not know the pruning rules for living in snow. So I have spoken to gardeners. As soon as they learn that little tree looms over our two story house they run the other direction. The one thing that is very clear is it must be done in fall and we must find a gardener in May. So our tree goes unpruned one more year. We have been putting off raking leaves. This weekend it was a must do. So far the fall winds have not picked up. I told Andi it has to happen this weekend or our neighbors will hate us as our leaves will blow into their raked gardens. Eight bags later we are pretty much done.

This morning we woke up to this…

I don’t think we will be having fall winds just winter ones…

Sincerely,
Emily Froemel
www.edgeatmirage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment