Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Weekend Pursuits…


Dear Creative Adventurers,

The last week things went topsy turvey with family and the excitement of the election. I contemplated writing all my posts on the weekend. Then I decided rest recover and begin on Monday. On Monday I was away from my computer I wrote myself a post as an e-mail.  The e-mail never arrived…

So Tuesday I re-write and update the one for today…

This last weekend I finished Louis’ hat. Yeah! Unfortunately the sizing came out big. Today I tried boiling the hat to see if alpaca will shrink to size. At present waiting for the hat to dry…

When we moved here I searched high and low for a cool post box. Finally I landed on these charming mosaic posts made in Australia. I sat down with my father in law who designed the inside like a bird house. I brought his birdhouse home and tiled the post box. Every year a few tiles pull up due to weather. So this weekend I spent time gluing tiles down and preparing the house to be winterized. This year three layers of lacquer to see if the house will winter more gracefully…

Pictures need adding...

 Sincerely,
Emily Froemel
www.edgeatmirage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment